Aadhaar card has got multiple purposes now. We are required to link our bank accounts, LPG connections, PAN and other details to it. Although you cannot register for your aadhaar card online, but the official website can help you out very much. You need to visit an enrollment center physically as it will require your bio-metric data.
Here are the steps for getting registered for an aadhaar card:
- Go to https://uidai.gov.in/
- Check under the aadhaar enrollment column for these two links:
Choose any one as per your convenience and book an appointment. Although even walk-ins are accepted this will save you a lot of time.
- Check for the required documents using this link
- You are required to carry original documents regarding your identity and residence.
- At the aadhaar enrollment center, you will be required to submit
Demographic data: This includes
- Mobile number
- Email id
Bio-metric data: This requires your
- Finger prints of all 10 fingers(there are special provisions in the aadhaar software if your 1 or all fingers are missing)
- Both iris(there are special provisions in the aadhaar software if your 1 or all fingers are missing)
Get your acknowledgement slip/enrollment slip to track your aadhaar card status.
Points to remember:
- Aadhaar card making is free. You don’t need to pay any fees.
- In case you notice any discrepancy in your data in your acknowledgement slip, report it within 96 hrs.
- Always try to provide your mobile number and email id in your aadhaar details. This will save you from hustles of visiting enrollment center for corrections in future.
Aadhaar card’s absence can be a big problem for many people. Many of them don’t still have it as they think it to be tough. But this guide gives all the information you would need. This will save a lot of time and mental pressure too. Hope you would get your aadhaar card made as soon as possible.